So I signed into Facebook and saw "dhs memories" everywhere. Then realised that dhsmemories was actually trending worldwide! That's quite a feat right!
Evidence: (kope-ed from Dorothy :D)

Reading those tweets made me laugh. And Mr Kiw takes up at least half of all the tweets. And seeing those juniors complain about the lift, aha. I won't be able to understand! Had the urge to tweet dhsmemories too, but since I only have 6 followers, and none of them from dhs, I shall use this platform instead to save them from the misery!
1. DHS's trademark is definitely the statue of 孔子 and Mr Kiw!
2. Still remember how Mr Kiw showed us examples of unacceptable socks and earrings using the visualiser in Sec 1
3. Mr Kiw ordering students wearing ankle socks to walk around the parade square bare-footed
4. Aeroplanes flying across the school and lessons had to stop for 1 minute. The situation was always worse few months before national day ><
5. 诚信勇忠!!I wrote "诚信勇忠 are values that I will never forget" in the graduation booklet! Yet I had forgotten about these four words until I read the tweets ><
6. School cheer during 4 schools combined sports meet which went: 诚 *clap clap* 信 *clap clap* 勇 *clap clap* 忠,我们全都行得通,绝不回家手空空! haha the person who created this cheer is a genius!
7. 今日我以德明為榮,明日德明以我(们)為榮
8. How we marvelled at Mr Sng's ability to switch between "Channel 8" and "Channel 5" instantly
9. Bus 158, 158A, 158B! The bus number that is probably routed just for DHS's students! I know because I take it from the interchange and it is always almost empty until the bus reaches Aljunied MRT and the sound *beep beep* rings on and on. I'll Open my eyes and get shocked by how full the bus has become. lol.
10. I love the Lor Mee and Yong Tau Fu and the super nice auntie and uncle from Yong Tau Fu stall! Definitely going back to eat Lor Mee once I'm back in Singapore. Hopefully the stall is still there!
11. Super nice drink stall uncles who know everyone in the school, let students pay later and know how to innovate. From just selling drinks to selling Rainbow Tou Hua, to milkshakes, cup noodles, ... You name it, they have it. That's why they get to drive Mercedes car. haha
12. Moving over to Mt Sinai and cos of that the school arranged subsidised bus services for us :)
13. Having a principal who will drive students to the MRT station. Having teachers who will ferry students from the MRT station using their own cars when it rains heavily or 158 bus service is disrupted.
14. Mr Tan Tui Gee's super high socks, and multi-tasking as the school's PE teacher, photographer and gardener, even though he's retired. 老当益壮!!
15. Teachers who retire will still stay on to teach in school. 一世德明情!
16. Studying in a container class room for 2 years at Mt Sinai
17. Wearing the school tie and singing the school song every Monday
18. Forgot to wear the school tie once when I was in Sec 1, and Mr Kiw stopped me saying "这位同学,你的领带(With emphasis on the dai)呢? I was trembling while struggling to get the tie out from my bag!
19. Super long skirt in secondary school that covered my knees. Girls who refused to alter their skirt even though the rules were more relaxed in senior high
20. How we always have two emcees for events. One speaking English, one speaking mandarin.
21. Alternating between English and Mandarin when reciting the pledge every week. The student councillor leading the school had to be very cautious cos of that. hehe
22. Feeling lost in secondary 1 when seniors clapped after the parade commander shouted "baris sedeya, ..." (can't remember ><) and classes get dismissed from flag raising.
23. Cheering whenever there were announcements that flag raising will be held in classrooms cos got more time to chiong homework ><
24. Students getting caught cos they were not singing the national anthem
25. Celebrating mid-autumn festival in the evening (after school) at the basketball court, and the principal would sing karaoke in front of the whole school
and so on and so forth! I bet non-dhs people reading the above 25 points will probably think that we are all freaks. hehe.
DHS's the best! And yes, I officially miss DHS now. Not Singapore, but DHS. :(
Still remember singing the school song with pride during campfires of level camps or after prize presentations of Nationals Shooting Championships as a group.
德明中学 矗立加东
亭亭松影 习习海风
集我英才 汇于一家
文艺科学 同冶同攻
树模楷 教诚信
立风范 诲勇忠
吾学兮博通吾德兮高崇
师生共陶镕浩气干长空
爱护我德明永志乎五中
光大我德明永志乎五中
我爱德明 :)