Went for my first ever AIESEC conference in Birmingham last weekend! It was eventful and you should know what happened from my status updates, but for the benefit of those who haven't been on facebook, here's what happened:
1. Missed my coach to Birmingham. Arrived at the coach station only to see the coach leaving D:
2. Spent 26.70 pounds more for another ticket. Was supposed to stop at Manchester to change to another coach.
3. But I didn't!
4. Ended up at Liverpool. Was wondering where am I, until I asked for help. Had to wait 1 and a half hour more for the next coach to Birmingham. Which was ARGH.
5. Walked around Liverpool and took photos
6. Caught the coach to Birmingham
7. Arrived in Birmingham and had a great conference!
8. Had wondeeeeful chinese food before coming back to Leeds and slept till 4pm the next day :X
Eventful, isn't it? Made my mum worry though. :X
It's when such things happen that I miss travelling in Singapore. Each trip is not more than 1hr. haha, miss bus? Miss lor, the next bus comes within at the very most half hr. But oh well, it was definitely a good experience though!
Met many new people at the conference, surprisingly a lot of Asians, but most are BBC. Learnt quite a lot from the conference too. Learnt to interact better with people and learnt new AIESEC stuff. :)
Unfortunately, Bull Ring (The busiest shopping mall in UK) was closed by then the conference ended. I was SO SAD. :( Had a good dinner to make up for everything though.
Pictures:
The tao huay was the best tao huay that I have ever eaten! Smoooooooooth! Of course, at double the price. ha.
:)